Industrial History Museum
Republic of Karelia
Petrozavodsk, Liteynaya ul., building 1
Tel.: +7 (814) 267-22-99
Tue – Sun: from 11:00 to 17:00
Mon: day off
Visits and excursions – free
Master classes – priced according to the invited masters’ rates
The museum owner
The Okhta Group company
The owner company’s representative
Dmitry Aleksandrovich Kiselev
A harmoniously built historical exposition is presented that focuses on the emergence and establishment of a settlement around the Petrovsky arms factory beginning in 1703, the settlement’s development (later becoming the city of Petrozavodsk) and the appearance of the Alexandrovsky factory and its life before and after 1917. The Soviet-era hall presents the same Alexander / Onega tractor, and covers the period from after the October Revolution up to 2007. There is also a small exposition dedicated to the Avangard shipyard.
There is an interactive hall for educational mechanisms, as well as a temporary exhibitions hall.
The collection includes factory-made items from the cannonballs of the Petrine era, and products from the time of Catherine II to the Soviet period. Models of ships, interactive mock-ups (foundry cannon mold, sectioned loaded cannon, handbrake gun, working mock-ups of drilling and anchor workshops), small lathe, fishing boat engine, archival documents, photographs, etc. There are about 3 thousand pieces in total.