The Museum of Wooden Architecture named after V.P. Groshev
Ryazan Region, Klepikovski district, Lunkino Village, 34
Tel.: +7 (951) 103-35-39, +7 (965) 711-10-74
Winter: by appointment
Summer: 10:00 – 18:00
Admission until 19:00
Closed on Mondays
Adults – 180 rubles
Reduced rate – 130 rubles
1-10 people – 200 rubles per person
10-20 people – 300 rubles per person
Founder of the museum
Vladimir Pavlovich Groshev
Director of the museum
Tatiana Vladimirovna Grosheva
Vladimir Pavlovich Groshev (20.01.1940 – 03.05.2009), a philanthropist and benefactor, had the idea for the museum. The most important thing for him was the revival of folk crafts in the Meshchersky region and more specifically the introduction of children to this original Russian art.
The museum’s activities include workshops (willow weaving, wood painting, making rag dolls, weaving from sheep’s wool, and the basics of working with watercolors), tea drinking from a samovar, entertainment, and tour services.
The exposition of the museum is presented in 16 halls and includes woodcarving, wood painting, willow weaving, and objects of ancient life. There are also many garden and park sculptures at a highly artistic level in the spacious meadow around the museum.