The OJSC Torzhok Gold Embroideresses Gold Embroidery Museum
Tver region, Torzhok, Kalininsky Highway, building 12
Tel.: +7 (482) 519-66-10, +7 (910) 840-10-30
Mon – Sat from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sun from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Adult – 150 rubles / person*
Senior citizens – 100 rubles / person
Students, schoolchildren – 50 rubles / person
Children under 7 years old – free
Excursion service – from 300 rubles / group
Masterclass – 350 rubles / person
* foreign citizens visit at the cost of the adult admission tickets regardless of age
The museum founder (owner/director)
Oleg Alekseevich Ivanov
The first mention of the gold embroidery industry in Torzhok dates back to the 12th century. In the 18th century it was already a known art throughout Russia. People traveled from Moscow, St. Petersburg, and other Russian cities for Torzhok gold embroidery. Local craftswomen with amazing art put expensive embroidery on church items, costumes, dresses, hats, morocco shoes, wallets, and other things. Torzhok gold embroidery was valued at court and ordered for the imperial family. Later, after exhibitions in Paris, London and Turin, orders were sent from Europe.
Today, the legendary enterprise continues the glorious traditions of its ancestors, being a visiting card not only of the Tver region, but also of all of Russia.
The Torzhok Gold Embroideresses museums complex will introduce you to the gold embroidery history, and the workshop will show you how to make a souvenir embroidered with gold in memory of an amazing journey into a golden fairy tale.
1. The unique Gold Embroidery Museum introduces the gold embroidery history and more than a thousand exhibits. During the tour, a demonstration masterclass is held and the Torzhok Gold Embroideresses anthem sounds. There is a company shop with souvenir products near the museum.
2. In the Belt House museum, a unique 12-meter belt sewn in 2013 is presented with a protective prayer “Alive with the help of the Lord”, which is included in the Russian Book of Records. There is Love and Fidelity park, which boasts a picturesque view of the city sights, as well as the Lira cafe near the museum.
3. Birds of Happiness Museum-tower is a roadside complex with the expositions “Sovereign Road”, “Travel Palaces”, and “Birds of Happiness”. There is a Tavern cafe with traditional Russian cuisine on the territory.
4. The ancient Russian shop-museum Trading House “Rus” in Tver is a fascinating journey to the Russian craftsmen. During the tour you can get acquainted with the centuries-old history of world-famous brands of Russian folk-art crafts, and the craftsmen secrets of the handmade goods. You can buy souvenirs and gifts at the museum’s company store.