The Radio Museum Association
Pereslavl-Zalessky, Podgornaya ul., building 40
Tel.: +7 (485) 356-22-80, +7 (910) 664-40-07, +7 (903) 976-83-17
Wed – Sun: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Mon – Tue: Closed
Adults – 200 rubles
Schoolchildren – 100 rubles
Children under 7 years old – free
The museum founder
Gennady Petrovich Semenov
The museum director / owner
Natalya Gennadievna Lukashova
The idea of creating the Radio Museum belongs to Gennady Petrovich Semenov, who was interested in radio technology back in 1959 and worked all his life in this area as a radio installer, a radio mechanic on the first computers, an electronics engineer on the MKF ship, and in radio communications on the Russian Railways. His radio engineering collecting began more than 30 years ago. Over the years, a lot of different radio equipment from both the USSR and the West was found and restored. The wife of Gennady Petrovich, Margarita Alexandrovna, shared in the restoration. There was an idea to create a museum based on their collection. According to the project of Gennady Petrovich, the Lukashov family (Vladimir Viktorovich and Natalya Gennadievna) took up the financing and construction of the museum building. It was opened on May 7, 2013, and since then has been in constant creative search!
The main activities of the museum are the preservation and popularization of the USSR’s historical heritage and the search for and restoration of rare devices and their certification as monuments of science and technology in Russia. The museum also participates in the Moscow Olympiad for schoolchildren called Museums, Parks, and Homesteads and provides excursion services with a demonstration of the exhibits.
The museum collection includes:
– a variety of household lamp radio equipment produced in the USSR and in the West,
– an exposition dedicated to the space exploration and the marine space fleet of the USSR,
– an exhibition of film, movie, and photographic equipment from various years made both in the USSR and in the West.