Register your private museum as non-profit organization in the form of private institution: Action plan
Private institution is a non-profit organization performing managerial, socio-cultural and other functions in the public interest. They usually operate in cultural, educational, scientific and medical settings. Private institution can be founded by individuals or legal entities.
Private museums should be registered as private institution or cultural private institution (Article 30 of the Federal Law No.54-FZ of 26.05.1996 “On the Museum Fund of the Russian Federation and the Museums of the Russian Federation”)
To register a private institution you need to prepare and submit the following documents to the territorial department of the Ministry of Justice (at the location of the museum)
1. Decision or protocol for the establishment of the institution (if the decision or protocol consists of more than one page, it has to be bound, numbered and signed by all founders on the binding)
2. Organization’s statute providing information about its name, address, activities, administration and decision making procedures. Private organization’s name must reflect its mission and activities.
3. Certificate providing details about the founders. Founder should also attach a copy of their passport (for individuals), or a copy of the extract from the Unified Register of Legal Entities (for legal entities).
4. Address information confirmed by the rental contract or the letter of assist by the owner of the premises guaranteeing the signing of the rental contract after the registration of the organization is complete.
5. Application form 11001 (Federal Tax Service website provides a software to fill the application form 6. Receipt of payment of the relevant state fee – 4000 rubles.